Recently, Marianne and Betty, of The Knolls’ Cultural Arts Department, shared their calendar of events, which filled six 8.5 x11 inch pages – and most of those events and activities were just for the upcoming week!
We fill this ever-expanding calendar because we know, without a doubt, that the more active our residents are—the more connected they are to each other—and the happier and healthier they’ll be. That’s why we have two team members planning and coordinating events and activities at The Knolls! This philosophy on wellness is also supported by The National Institute on Aging, which has reported that more than one research study has shown that health and well-being are closely linked with social interaction. The studies also note that the converse is true: being isolated can have adverse health effects for older adults.
The Knolls’ Events & Activities calendar is filled with things to do that appeal to artists, those with a curious mind, those who like to explore the surrounding community and those who like to stay close to home. Of course, there’s also a plethora of opportunities for those interested in pursuing and maintaining their physical health as well.
Artistic & Educational Happenings
- Art Conversation with Helane – Pop artists Lichtenstein, Oldenburg, Warhol & more
- Beginner Sign Language
- Knitting & Crochet Club
- Play Readings
- Art Class
- Lincoln Center simulcast of “Aida”
- Pleasantville Chamber Music Society presents “Four Nations Classical Ensemble”
- Ridgefield Folk with Honeysuckle
- Welcome Events
- Residents’ Council Candidates Forum
- Pizza Parties
- Birthday Parties
- Movies such as “Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House”
- Residents’ Social
- Shopping trips: Bloomingdale’s, The Container Store, Raymour & Flanigan, Trader Joe’s, Marshalls, Nine West, Whole Foods
- Hornblower Yacht Lunch Cruise
- Ancient Egyptian Imperialism Lecture: “Evading the Amarna Pharoahs and the Egyptian Empire: Subversion in the Land of Canaan” at Mamaroneck Library
- Greeley House Tour, lunch at Le Jardin du Roi
- Lunch on City Island
- Lap Swim & Open Swim
- Water Aerobics
- Tai Chi
- Rise & Shine with Carolyn
The list goes on, but the takeaway is clear. Residents of The Knolls have a variety of choices for events and activities because active and engaged seniors are happy and healthy seniors . . . and that’s our goal at The Knolls.
To learn more about what’s happening at The Knolls, click here or call us at 914-461-4500.