If you have a question about almost anything at The Knolls, your first stop should be Evander Batts, Director of Concierge Services and Security. Evander, or a member of his team can always be found at the front desk, and throughout the campus, ready to assist residents and visitors when needed.
“We do everything,” Evander said. “There’s nothing we don’t do!”
Known as “The Mayor,” Evander is the one you go to for anything you might need. And, if he cannot help you directly, he’ll make sure that your request is sent to the person who can assist you.
The Concierge Services team can help with:
- Sending maintenance teams to assist residents
- Sending housekeeping teams if something is needed between regularly scheduled services
- Purchasing items such as a new cell phone on behalf of residents
- Assisting residents with upgrading cable services and related hardware
- Organizing transportation both to and from the campus on behalf of residents for personal appointments
- Organizing necessary transportation for community-scheduled events
- Booking flights and transportation to and from airports
- Making dinner reservations
- Signing for, and securely storing, packages
“This is a full service concierge desk,” said Evander. “We don’t say ‘no.’ We’ll figure it out, no matter what.”
In addition to these day to day tasks that make life run smoothly for residents, Concierge Services at The Knolls can also participate in special events as well – like helping a resident’s loved one plan a surprise birthday party for the resident! Evander reserved the room, coordinated with the offsite caterer and ensured that the cake was ready – all without tipping off the resident.
This full service extends to the residents’ family members. Often Evander and his team get phone calls from a loved one who says, “I haven’t been able to reach my mom – have you seen her?” Because of the front desk’s central location and regular walks through the community, team members often can answer quickly and report back that the resident is participating in an event, sitting in a common area or chatting with friends. If the team members haven’t seen the resident recently, they will go to the resident’s apartment to check on them and report back – providing peace of mind for the residents and their families.
Evander and the Concierge Services team are a key component of what creates the family-like atmosphere at The Knolls. We invite you to come and experience this hospitality for yourself – click here to visit our community!