Country Beauty—City Proximity
The Knolls offers the best of all worlds—a beautiful country setting, an engaging lifestyle and the ambience of one of Westchester’s charming villages, Valhalla. Yet, just a short drive or train ride away, all of Manhattan’s world-class entertainment, dining and cultural venues also await. Maintenance-free retirement living at The Knolls gives you more time for living life to the fullest!
Nearby Popular Westchester Locations and Easy Access to New York City Opportunities Include:
- 11 minutes, 3.7 miles to The Westchester, unique shopping, dining and entertainment
- 11 minutes, 3.8 miles to downtown White Plains
- 13 minutes, 8.1 miles to Westchester County Airport
- 13 minutes, 5.5 miles to either the historic castle in Tarrytown or to legendary Sleepy Hollow—near the Hudson River
- 20 minutes, 11.9 miles to Rye Playland amusement park on the Long Island Sound, a seasonal favorite of grandchildren
- 12 minutes, 6.2 miles to Rockefeller State Park Preserve for hiking, bird watching and more
- Less than 5 minutes to the Metro North train station and less than an hour to Grand Central Station, New York City
A Perfect Balance of Culture and Activities
Talk about amenities and services you’ll truly enjoy! Our beautiful grounds are ideal for exercising, bird watching and, of course, socializing with neighbors. Dining is delicious at the bistro or in the elegant dining room. The indoor pool and Wellness Center offer opportunities for fitness and wellness instruction, yoga classes and more.
Our Cultural Arts Program is very popular. You’ll love the abundance of artistic pursuits, cultural outings and continuing education events planned down to every detail by our professional staff.
Services & Amenities
Your affordable Westchester retirement at The Knolls includes everything you’re looking for in a retirement community. Best of all, our amenities are all under one roof for year-round access—weather or not.
- Scheduled transportation for appointments, shopping, events and Metro North train station drop-offs and pick-ups
- Complete building and grounds maintenance
- On-site Cultural Arts Program coordination
- Schedule of popular social, recreational and cultural activities
- 24-hour security, staffing and emergency response system
- Choice of casual bistro or elegant dining venues and a private dining room for parties or events
- Indoor, heated swimming pool
- Fitness Room and Wellness Center
- Creative Arts Studio
- Game room
- Multi-purpose room for special events
- Beautifully decorated guest suites for visitors
- Convenience store
- Beauty salon and barbershop
- Areas for gardening
- Scenic, 30-acre, wooded campus
- Healthcare Center that features enriched living and skilled nursing care
Continuing Care for Future Peace of Mind
At The Knolls, you can enjoy each day of your active Westchester retirement lifestyle knowing with peace of mind, there is a full continuum of care on-site—the perfect arrangement for today’s savvy seniors. Should your health needs ever change, it’s comforting for you, and your family, to know you already have a plan in place. See Healthcare Center to learn more.